30 Common Street, Watertown MA 02472
Math Department -- Grades 6-12
|AP CALCULUS VISITS BU FOR MATHEMATICS FIELD DAY (Fall, 2009)|
WPS Math Department Mission
The Watertown Public Schools Math Department strives to bring every student to their mathematical potential by providing a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum complemented by teacher support and technology. Students are offered multiple paths for four years of mathematics, all designed for mathematical success in post-high school programs. Support is available in many forms, including a Math Lab open all periods, as well as access to teachers both before and after school.
|Faculty / Classroom Web Sites|
|Teacher Name - Teacherweb Link||Job Title|
|WHS Math Faculty|
|Dan Wulf||Mathematics Coordinator|
|John Cacace||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|Steve Harrington||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|Hugh McLaughlin||WHS MathLab Instructor|
|David Meuret||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|Meghan Riling||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|Christine Seashore||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|Mike Spillane||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|Karen Trenholm||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|Jill Zeikel||WHS Mathematics Instructor|
|WMS Math Faculty|
|Erin DeCapua||Gr. 8 Mathematics Instructor|
|Jane Evans||Gr. 6 Mathematics Instructor|
|Phil Martin||Gr. 7 Mathematics Instructor|
|Aram Manoukian||Gr. 8 Mathematics Instructor|
|Phil Oates||Gr. 7 Mathematics Instructor|
|Ann Palermo||Gr. 6 Mathematics Instructor|
Students will be expected to bring their own calculator to every math class. For classes up to Pre-Calculus, a scientific calculator will suffice. We are supporting the TI-30XS MultiView (TM). Pre-calculus students may use a scientific calculator or graphing calculator. Calculus and Statistics students at all levels must bring a graphing calculator with them daily. We are using TI-83+ and TI-84 series (regular, Plus and Silver Edition) graphing calculators.
Text Book Companion Sites
Some of our text books at the high school have web sites created by the publishers to help you with your school work. Click on the link below to see if your book is one of them.
Want to be student of the month? Work hard, and your picture could grace the WPS Math Department Page. Not everyone can be chosen, but keep on doing your best and maybe, just maybe, you'll make the list.
- Textbook Companion Sites Additional resources for some of our books.
- Take me to the K-5 Math Website! Elementary Math Curriculum
- WHS MATH COURSE OFFERINGS FOR THE 2011-2012 SCHOOL YEAR
- NCTM Family Resources Page
- Massachusetts Math Curriculum Frameworks (Interactive Web Edition)
- Official MCAS Site, including test items, problem of the day, old exams and more.
- MAA AMC Competition Competition information, sample problems, old exams and solutions.
- Focus on Math NSF Grant partnership with Boston University, UMass Lowell, Watertown, Chelsea, Waltham, Arlington and Lawrence
- MathCounts--National Middle School Math Competition
Great problems, puzzles, games and more.
Think Math! Web site
Includes demonstrations and activities for each grade level (K-5). Click on your grade level at the top of the site to see what is available.